Image Map

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Limoges porcelain in Paris at countryside prices



When I visited my friend Emilie at her country house in Limoges two summers ago, I loved visiting all the cool Limoges factory shops.  [By the way, did you know that Limoges refers to any hard-paste porcelain made in/near Limoges?  It is a common misconception that there is only one exclusive brand, when in fact anything produced in that region can carry the name....]   I picked up interesting pieces [a berry bowl with draining holes for subtly draining your precious berries; a double-spouted sauce pourer, etc.], in the classic white porcelain....and I've always wished I'd gotten more!  

I had remembered spotting a similar place in Paris years ago, and happened upon it this morning.  Porcelains MP Samie has the same sort of stuff- piles and piles of every sort of dish, serving plate, or bowl you can imagine, all produced in their factory in Limoges, all available at very reasonable prices.  

Porcelain MP Samie
45 av General Leclerc, 14th

No comments: